[asterisk-users] Running safe_asterisk

Rudi Oosthuizen rudio at nha.co.za
Tue Feb 23 13:46:15 CST 2010

>> On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 09:18:36AM +0100, Per Jessen wrote:

>> About two weeks ago there was a thread about asterisk suddenly dying

>> - I posted a response that the same happens to my asterisk about once

>> a month, sometimes more.

>> Someone suggested using 'safe_asterisk' (and get hold of a core dump)

>> which sounds like a good idea, but one thing I can't figure is how to

>> get "module reload app_queue" executed automatically at startup?

>> All modules are loaded at startup. Why would you need a reload?

>To be honest I don't remember any more, I just know my queueing doesn't
work unless I reload.  I think it's a timing issue at startup - that
app_queue gets loaded too early or something.  ah, >here is my question
about the same, but back in 2007:

>http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2007-May/188072.html

Add to below to end of modules.conf, your app_queue is loading before
your extensions are available causing static agents to say (Invalid)
when you do a show queue. A normal "reload" reloads modules in correct
sequence. This resolves permanently.

load => pbx_config.so

load => chan_local.so

load => chan_sip.so