[asterisk-users] TE410P Spans offline/red after power down/restart

Conor McTernan conormcternan at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 18:50:19 CST 2010

On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 6:13 PM, Benoit <maverick at maverick.eu.org> wrote:

> There is one similar request on this list from a few weeks back iirc
>
> Oh, I'd looked through the archives/googled etc. but could not find
anything similar. I'll take another stab at the archives.

>  > We quickly removed the card and checked the jumpers, suspecting that
> > it may somehow have 'changed' it's state. Checking the card showed
> > that all ports were open, which is what we expected. Re-setting the
> > card done nothing to resolve our problem.
> You did not disconnect cables by doing so ?
> How much time did you let the card disconnected from everything, at
> least 30s ?

Oh, yes, when we removed the card the cables were of course disconnected.
The issue *seems* to be when they are connected at power up. The card was
removed from the server for probably close to 5 minutes.

> If i'm not misleading isdn lines are powered, not huge amount of power
> but still
> more than an ethernet cable. Maybe the power was sufficient to held the
> card in
> a misconfigured state

I suspected that this may be the case, and perhaps the ports on our PBX were
able to 're-configure' the line. We have another power down this weekend
with the same setup, I will see if I can test this theory out then.

> > Here are the versions we are running:
> >
> > Asterisk 1.4.18.1
> > Zaptel 1.4.9.2-48
> > Libpri 1.4.3-19
> Or you are simply using very outdated drivers/software :)

I'm sure that could very well be the case....but, unfortunately we are tied
to our current versions/platform....