[asterisk-users] Caller ID question

Will Payne will at teambadger.co.uk
Mon Feb 22 09:31:16 CST 2010

Hiya - quick question..

When an external call is answered by an extension and the person answering the call wants to forward it to a different extension, is there any way to change the caller ID when the call is transferred?

If someone is transferring a call to me, I see the caller ID of the other person in the office. When the call is transferred, could the caller ID be set back to the caller ID of the original incoming call? Staff members here often want to see the number of the last person they spoke to but when they check the call history on the (snom) phone, all they can see is the extension of the person that forwarded the call to them..

I doubt it's possible but thought I'd check

Thanks,
Will