[asterisk-users] splitting sip.conf to two files

Edwin Lam edwin.lam at officegeneral.com
Fri Feb 19 20:38:25 CST 2010

Joseph wrote:
> Is it possible to split sip.conf into two files (sip1.conf sip2.conf)?
>
> I have an Audiocodes gateway with two FXO ports, and (according to info I received, and it appears to be correct) Asterisk find the peers based on their IP
> and not on their IP+PORT. Thus, Audiocodes with two FXO ports registered on the same devices (=> one single IP with different SIP ports), the last entry
> into my sip.conf file is taken into consideration => all calls are sent to the context of that last extension.
>
> So I can only use one "context" for incoming calls. If I split the sip.conf into two files will it make any difference.

there might be an "include" directive in sip.conf (i can't confirm)
however Asterisk will see it as one big sip.conf so it will do
absolutely nothing for you in this situation.

what you can do is setup automatic dial to different extensions on
the 2 ports on audiocodes.

--
Edwin Lam <edwin.lam at officegeneral.com>
Systems Engineer, Office General, Inc.