[asterisk-users] splitting sip.conf to two files

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Fri Feb 19 17:38:14 CST 2010

On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 09:21:46AM -0700, Joseph wrote:
> Is it possible to split sip.conf into two files (sip1.conf sip2.conf)?
>
> I have an Audiocodes gateway with two FXO ports, and (according to info I received, and it appears to be correct) Asterisk find the peers based on their IP
> and not on their IP+PORT. Thus, Audiocodes with two FXO ports registered on the same devices (=> one single IP with different SIP ports), the last entry
> into my sip.conf file is taken into consideration => all calls are sent to the context of that last extension.
>
> So I can only use one "context" for incoming calls. If I split the sip.conf into two files will it make any difference.
>
> Is it a limitation/bug in Asterisk or sip.conf?

I assume you use '#include to separate sip.conf to two files. #include
is a verbatim inclusion, and thus for all prictical purposes it is the
same as if everything were in a single file.

Configuration [sections] cannot be repeated in the Asterisk
configuration files. If you want to add later on anything to [foo], you
can't just add a second [foo] . Rather, you should add:

[foo](+)

This will add the content of that section after the content of the
existing section [foo].

See http://svn.digium.com/svn/asterisk/trunk/doc/tex/configuration.tex
(Any better direct link?)

--