[asterisk-users] Issue with trying to dial two different servers at the same time.

C. Chad Wallace cwallace at lodgingcompany.com
Tue Feb 16 12:51:58 CST 2010

At 9:04 AM on 16 Feb 2010, Steve Anness wrote:

[...]
> exten => 12109,1,Dial(iax2/castle-rock/109&iax2/colo/17128,20)
>
> This has one flaw, if for whatever reason his home phone isn't
> connected, like it isn't now, than when I call 12109 I get his home
> voicemail as it picks up right away.
>
> How can I program this so that even if the voicemail on 17128 or 109
> pick up it still rings the other phone?

I would give app_followme [1] a shot.  It requires the callee to hit
"1" to connect.  That way, an answering machine would never make it
through... unless the callee puts the tone for a "1" in his voicemail
greeting. :-)

You might also consider AMD [2] (answering machine detection), but I
don't know much about it.

[1] http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+cmd+FollowMe
[2] http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+cmd+AMD

--