[asterisk-users] Wierdness in AGI file

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Thu Feb 11 20:49:32 CST 2010

On Thu, 11 Feb 2010, Richard Kenner wrote:

> Here's part of the output of running an AGI file:

[snip]

>    -- <DAHDI/1-1> Playing 'digits/9.ulaw' (language 'en')
>    -- Playing 'percent' (escape_digits=) (sample_offset 0)
>    -- Playing 'wx/winds' (escape_digits=) (sample_offset 0)
>    -- <DAHDI/1-1> Playing 'digits/5.ulaw' (language 'en')
>    -- Playing 'miles-per-hour' (escape_digits=) (sample_offset 0)

[snip]

> Once it played "wx/winds", it just read numbers and didn't play any of
> the other files.  I've seen this before and it later goes away. But
> restarting Asterisk didn't do it.  Any ideas what's going on?

Most AGI weirdness can be traced back to violating the AGI protocol. Who's
library did you use? Replying with the source code may help.

Does enabling AGI debugging give any clues?

If you comment out the code that plays percent, wx/winds, and digits/5
does the problem go away or just shift to the next "group" of files?

Does using a softphone give the same result?

Restarting Asterisk should make an weirdness go away. Does power-cycling
the box help?

--
Thanks in advance,