[asterisk-users] IP Phone recommendation

Tim Nelson tnelson at rockbochs.com
Wed Feb 10 14:40:08 CST 2010

----- "Gordon Henderson" <gordon+asterisk at drogon.net> wrote:
> If not using PoE I'd suggest getting a few extra PSUs though - that's
> one
> area I have had a few issues with - but maybe it's just been the UK
> ones.
>
> Gordon

The same can be said for the US versions. My experience has been it's not a case of 'if' the PSU will fail, but 'when'. In a past (less intelligent) life, I deployed a fair number of the GXP2020s and GXP2000s. There are not very many of them left that haven't completely died(the phone itself), and of those left, they've all had power supplies replaced.

I cannot speak for the quality of the later devices from Grandstream. After being burned, it's a bit hard to look at them again when there are so many other quality devices available (think Polycom, Aastra, etc).

--Tim