[asterisk-users] Dial script

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Sat Feb 6 12:13:42 CST 2010

On Sat, 6 Feb 2010, Michelle Dupuis wrote:

[snip]

> Oh wait, the advent of computers has allowed us to conveniently insert
> the most recent text at the TOP of a message, to prevent people from
> having to reread the same stuff every time.

A: Because we read from top to bottom, left to right.

Just because you can do something with a computer doesn't mean you should.

> Just because this list's moderator has chosen bottom posting doesn't
> make it right, logical, common sense, etc.

(These lists are not moderated...)

The list owner's choice did not make bottom posting right, logical and
common sense. It was all of those things already. The list owner just made
the right choice.

> How about we don't belittle people who don't notice?

(I don't think I belittled anyone for top-posting.)

We all make mistakes, but once we are informed, continuing to make the
same mistakes indicates either a lack of consideration or stupidity or
both.

Simple courtesy would be to only include relevant sections of previous
posts and to reply below the quoted text.

If you don't like the rules of the playground, find another playground.

--
Thanks in advance,