[asterisk-users] Losing local SIP phones when internet goes down?

Randy R randulo2008 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 04:35:07 CST 2010

On Fri, Feb 5, 2010 at 10:39 AM, --[ UxBoD ]-- <uxbod at splatnix.net> wrote:

> Doh! :) My philosophy has always been to install a local named server, whether it be for Asterisk or something else, as most of the time everything I do is behind NAT and I prefer to resolve internal addresses.  This also help if you run your own mailserver and make extensive queries to RBLs etc.

That last bit makes a good point. And speaking of RBL, is anyone doing
a SPIT RBL? I was plagued by comment spam on an old forum I wrote in C
years ago and I finally wrote a function to check
projecthoneypot.org's httpBL. I feel like my days just gained an hour,
the one I wasted every day modertaing useless spam comments. Are there
lists to check for know pests in VoIP?

/r