[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.4.38 - unknown signalling bri_cpe

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Tue Dec 28 15:53:14 UTC 2010

On 12/28/2010 07:19 AM, Administrator TOOTAI wrote:
> Le 28/12/2010 13:10, Kevin P. Fleming a écrit :

>>> Ouch :-( Are Digiums HB8 cards working with mISDN and Asterisk 1.4?
>>
>> Not to my knowledge; Digium has not produced an mISDN driver for the
>> HX series cards, and I doubt anyone else has.
>>

> You should modify your ADL_quickstart document on Digium store to
> precise the Asterisk version compatible with those cards (perhaps also
> in datasheet or somewhere else). At this time you have
> Asterisk-X.X-current.tar.gz but as 1.4, 1.6.2 and 1.8 are existing in
> current, I will not be the only one making this mistake.

The Hx8 card manual (on the Digium website) clearly states on page 46
that the minimum required version of Asterisk for use with these cards
is Asterisk 1.6.0.1. It is possible to use Asterisk 1.4.x with these
cards, but only with analog (FXO and FXS) modules, not BRI modules. This
is repeated on page 49, where the manual says to download "the latest
release version of Asterisk 1.6 or later".

The ADL_quickstart document you are referring to is generic and does not
take into account the specific requirements of particular card models
and/or configurations; users need to refer to the manuals for the cards
and modules they plan to use to get a complete understanding of the
required software components and their versions.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
skype: kpfleming | jabber: kfleming at digium.com