[asterisk-users] Using SIP stack within Asterisk to reboot phones - Possible?

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Mon Dec 27 20:02:18 UTC 2010

On Mon, 27 Dec 2010, Bruce B wrote:

> Thanks Kai-Uwe and everyone else. I have seen all those examples and I
> am exploring the sip_notify.conf file now which makes things more clear
> to me. However, when sending a SIP notify to a phone that is not
> registered to Asterisk via it's IP address should I expect to receive a
> success of fail packet back or that is not how SIP Notify works?

Maybe it's just me being a 1.2 Luddite, but I'd rather not have to explain
to my boss that I crashed the production server because of a bug or
because I was 'trying something out' and forgot which server I was on.

Any chance sipsak or sipp can handle this task? I reboot my aging SPA3K
using an http request via wget.

--
Thanks in advance,