[asterisk-users] Agents login

Deepesh D deep.d2010 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 25 15:12:06 UTC 2010

Hello Michael,

You could try to achieve this functionality in dialplan by using the
applications  AddQueueMember/RemoveQueueMember which are used to
dynamically add/remove queue members.

An example dialplan flow for agent login will be

1.  get the SIP interface from which the agent is logging in (like
SIP/1234). You should be able to extract it from the CHANNEL variable
2.  Ask for the agentid/code. Read the agentid/code and  use an AGI to
authenticate the agent
3.  Add the SIP interface to the queue using AddQueueMember
    AddQueueMember(queuename,SIP/1234,,,,,)

You could have a similar dialplan for agent logout, which removes SIP
interface from the queue using RemoveQueueMember.

For the DND you could then use PauseQueueMember/UnpauseQueueMember applications.

Regards,
Deepesh