[asterisk-users] Agents login

Michael voip.question at gmail.com
Sat Dec 25 13:31:57 UTC 2010

Greetings and Merry Christmas,

We're trying to implements a queue and agents login mechanism on our
Asterisk.

After going over the documentation, we're unsure if we got it right.

We wish to setup a "hotdesk" mechanism, where an agent comes to a station
with a PC & IP phone (that is defined as a sip friend user in sip.conf),
dials a certain number (agent login extension), enters his agent Id and
code, and from now on this phone serves as his. Then, when a call comes into
the queue he is associated to, if he is not on the line, the call would ring
in his phone and he'll be able to pick it up. He should also be able to set
a DND (if he needs a break).

Is that possible?? From what we saw, the agents login works on a constantly
open line.

Any help (and examples) would be highly appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Michael