[asterisk-users] Remote VOIP/SIP Phones through two routers

John Ervin jervin at jervin.com
Sat Dec 25 14:49:29 UTC 2010

So, assuming your Asterisk box is behind one firewall (Linksys/Tomato
Software) and your Wireless SIP phone is behind another firewall
(SonicWall 1260 Enhanced).  Is there anything special that I have to do
to the firewalls.  I do have the Asterisk firewall configured to work
(ports 5060 & 10001-20000).  But I'm not sure about the other end.  Do I
need STUN at the SIP Phone end?  Do I need to make sure that any
particular ports are open.  Anybody have specific experience with
setting a SonicWall up so that local SIP phones will work.

The Specific phone is a D-Link DPH-540 (WiFi).  But it would be nice to
allow more standard SIP phones like the SPA942 etc.

Thanks...

--
John F. Ervin
Central Florida TeleSource