[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.8 and Realtime

Carlos Chavez cursor at telecomabmex.com
Thu Dec 23 23:55:40 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-12-24 at 07:52 +1300, CB wrote:
> Could anyone recommend some documentation regarding Asterisk 1.8 and the
> realtime architecture? Specifically I want to know if it is possible to set
> a priority label or to use n as a priority for realtime extensions in
> Asterisk 1.8? My understanding is that is not possible with Asterisk 1.4 and
> I wonder if it's changed?

	Realtime extensions for Asterisk is horrible.  You need to use
extensions.conf and use the switch statement (between other inconvenient
things).  I really recommend against using that part of the Realtime
engine.

	The solution to this would be to use Realtime static which with a
little patience lets you use the dialplan without many modifications and
with all the helpers like n and same.  This is what we use at the moment
for our configuration interface.

Carlos Chávez Prats
Director de Tecnología
+52-55-91169161 ext 2001