[asterisk-users] Specifying DID for outbound calls

Joshua Colp jcolp at digium.com
Sun Dec 19 19:40:17 UTC 2010

----- Original Message -----
> The host I am working with has two accounts from the same DID
> provider. Incoming calls work correctly and dial the appropriate
> extensions. This also allows incoming calls to be billed appropriately
> to the
> individual DID accounts.
>
> Outgoing calls from either extension default to the first DID, i.e.
> calls from either extension have the same callerID. How can an
> extension specify separate outgoing contexts so the correct number is
> associated with it, also allowing the SIP provider to recognize the
> difference for billing purposes, or is there a better way?
>
> In short I'm looking to associate an outgoing call from an extension
> with a specific number.
>
> Here's the sip.conf for both accounts as they are using IP routing,
> I'm assuming I do not have to perform auth based to separate the two
> accounts for outgoing calls:

I'm surprised nobody has suggested using the setvar functionality. It's extremely
useful for stuff like this and would allow you to keep all CallerID information
with the actual configuration of the device.

Using a configuration entry for sip.conf in another response as an example:

[101]
type=friend
username=101
secret=0000
mailbox=101
callerid="User One" <101>
host=dynamic
nat=yes
dtmfmode=rfc2833
canreinvite=no
reinvite=no
qualify=yes
setvar=EXTERNAL_CALLERID="User One" <3012323434>

And then in extensions.conf:

exten => _1NXXNXXXXXX,1,Set(CALLERID(all)=${EXTERNAL_CALLERID})
exten => _1NXXNXXXXXX,n,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN}@vitel-outbound)

Of course you could add some sanity checking there to make sure that
${EXTERNAL_CALLERID} contains a value and if not default to your
main DID.

--
Joshua Colp
Digium, Inc. | Software Developer