[asterisk-users] Specifying DID for outbound calls

Roger Burton West roger at firedrake.org
Sun Dec 19 09:37:21 UTC 2010

On Sun, Dec 19, 2010 at 12:14:11AM -0500, Stephen Reese wrote:

>Thanks for the heads up, I have been setting the caller-ID but the
>trouble I'm running into is specifying the which number to call out
>as. How can an extension specify a different number? See below for my
>current extension.conf, thanks.

I think I'd probably replace the two outgoing contexts with one, using a
GotoIf to distinguish between the two phones (branching into your
current code).

Alternatively you could give them each a custom context (say phone1 and
phone2); phone1 would include incoming and outgoing1, phone2 would
include incoming and outgoing2.