[asterisk-users] Two asterisk servers, two different service providers

Thu Dec 16 19:45:44 UTC 2010

Here is how I would do it:

First, come up with a numbering scheme. For instance, all extensions in location 1 are 1xxx, extensions in location 2 are 2xxx. External calls are 9xxx-xxx-xxxx

In Location 1:

Sip Trunk 1 - goes to Location 2. The dial plan uses it as outgoing trunk for all calls with 2xxx
Sip Trunk 2 - goes to Provider 1. The dial plan uses it as outgoing trunk for all calls starting with 9

In Location 2, you do basically the same thing in reverse.

Sip Trunk 1 - goes to Location 1. The dial plan uses it as outgoing trunk for all calls with 1xxx
Sip Trunk 2 - goes to Provider 2.

You can probably also use both providers as backup