[asterisk-users] Configuring server to call SIP numbers on the Net?

Gilles codecomplete at free.fr
Mon Dec 13 18:28:58 UTC 2010

Hello

This is a newbie question : With a simple Asterisk server on a private
LAN, an FXO port to handle the PSTN, and an ADSL connection to the
Net, ie. with no VOSP in the mix... how should I configure Asterisk so
that SIP clients can dial SIP numbers on the Net, such as those below
to perform an echo test?

www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Phone+Numbers

I tried pasting numbers in XLite, but nothing happens. Do I need to
add something to extensions.conf for magic to happen?

Thank you.