[asterisk-users] Why does "sip show peers" show my router/gateway address as the client IP address?

Bruce B bruceb444 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 11 16:45:15 UTC 2010

Thanks for the feedback Ryan.

Siproxd is not installed. I think Siproxd like you said just does the
reverse meaning if phones are part of pfSense subnet then it connects to
outside world. But in my case they are coming into Asterisk which is on
pfSense subnet. I do have a static IP and it's set like:

externip=34.34.34.34
localnet=192.168.5.0/255.255.255.0

Do you use pfSense for this same situation? Can you do a sip show peers and
let me know if you actually see the outside public IP addresses for the
clients? Also how is your outbound NAT setup? AON?

Thanks