[asterisk-users] Configuring Softphone

Gary Kuznitz docfxit at theoffice.la
Fri Dec 10 08:09:25 UTC 2010

Thank you for the reply.

On 10 Dec 2010 at 8:53, Jeroen (Jeroen Eeuwes <jeroeneeuwes at gmail.com>)
commented about Re: [asterisk-users] Configuring Softphone:

> Hi Gary,
>
> > I not using anything to create my dialplan.  I'm trying to add a softphone to a dialplan
> > that was created a couple years ago by someone that knew what they were doing.
> > Everything else in the dialplan works.  As you can see I don't understand how to
> > create a dialplan and I'm seeing from doing a lot of reading on google that everyone is
> > having a hard time figuring out the dialplan that works with softphones.  The part I
>
> There is no secret in a dialplan for softphones. In fact Asterisk
> doesn't care if the SIP-device is a softphone, a hard-phone or even
> another Asterisk box.
>
> Perhaps you are over-complicating the issue? If you have a working
> dialplan for other phones then why are you trying to set it up
> differently? Have you tried just using the same settings as a working
> phone?

That is a great suggestion.  Yes I did try that.  I might be having router issues with a
SonicWall.  I'm working with a port sniffer now to try to figure it out.  When I'm
done with making sure the router is forwarding everything correctly I'll try that
again.

Thank you,

Gary