[asterisk-users] Configuring Softphone

Jeroen Eeuwes jeroeneeuwes at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 07:53:26 UTC 2010

Hi Gary,

> I not using anything to create my dialplan.  I'm trying to add a softphone to a dialplan
> that was created a couple years ago by someone that knew what they were doing.
> Everything else in the dialplan works.  As you can see I don't understand how to
> create a dialplan and I'm seeing from doing a lot of reading on google that everyone is
> having a hard time figuring out the dialplan that works with softphones.  The part I

There is no secret in a dialplan for softphones. In fact Asterisk
doesn't care if the SIP-device is a softphone, a hard-phone or even
another Asterisk box.

Perhaps you are over-complicating the issue? If you have a working
dialplan for other phones then why are you trying to set it up
differently? Have you tried just using the same settings as a working
phone?

Best regards,
Jeroen Eeuwes