[asterisk-users] Error building network library on OpenSolaris and 1.8.1-rc1

RR ranjtech at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 09:43:40 UTC 2010

Hello All,

I have been banging my head against trying to get asterisk to compile on
Solaris as well as OpenSolaris. I've tried to build various versions of
Asterisk as on various versions of Solaris and OpenSolaris to no avail.
Finally, I said, what the heck, I got the latest version of OpenSolaris that
(pkg image-update) could get and then the latest ver of asterisk I found on
the digium repo. Amazingly, configure and make menuselect went without a
hitch, very clean. 'make' was going really well as well, in fact this is the
farthest I've ever seen it ever go with the minor hitch compalining about
format_mp3 but it suggested I use that script in contrib and download the
code for that and that made it run again. BUT just my luck, it crapped out
with this error

*netsock.c: In function `ast_set_default_eid':
netsock.c:250: error: structure has no member named `ifr_hwaddr'
make[1]: *** [netsock.o] Error 1
make: *** [main] Error 2
*
Can anyone please help me resolve this? I don't even know where to look.
Google came back with nothing. Same with a search through the 30,000+ emails
I have from the Asterisk mailing list only gave me the hint that it's a
function from if.h which in OpenSolaris resides in /usr/include/net as
opposed to maybe /usr/include/linux.

Any ideas?

Thanks
RR