[asterisk-users] Dahdi issue with Asterisk 1.8.0

Timothy Legge timlegge at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 17:38:32 UTC 2010

Hi

I was using the delivered Ubuntu 1.6.x packages but I wanted to look at
gtalk integration so I downloaded, compiled and installed the source (after
removing the Ubuntu packages) have installed the following:

asterisk-1.8.0
dahdi-linux-complete-2.4.0+2.4.0
libpri-1.4.11.5

I copied my config back into place and most seems to work, but I cannot get
my phone that is plugged into the Wildcard TDM400P REV E/F card that I have
to work.

Basically, I don't hear the dial tone and Asterisk does not register off
hook events.  I have spent time reviewing my config but I don't see what the
issue is.

Is there anything I am missing, or can you suggest some additional things to
look at?

Tim

chan_dahdi.conf
grep -v "^;" /etc/asterisk/chan_dahdi.conf | grep -v "^$"

[trunkgroups]
[channels]
language=en
context=phones
signalling=fxo_ks
usecallerid=yes
callwaiting=yes
usecallingpres=yes
callwaitingcallerid=yes
threewaycalling=yes
transfer=yes
canpark=yes
cancallforward=yes
callreturn=yes
echocancel=no
echocancelwhenbridged=no
group=1
callgroup=1
pickupgroup=1

dahdi-channels.conf:

; Span 1: WCTDM/4 "Wildcard TDM400P REV E/F Board 5" (MASTER)
;;; line="1 WCTDM/4/0 FXOKS"
signalling=fxo_ks
callerid="Channel 1" <4001>
mailbox=4001