[asterisk-users] [headset/mic] Volume too low + echo in *

Gilles codecomplete at free.fr
Tue Dec 7 15:55:47 UTC 2010

Hello,

	I'm having the following problem when using a headset on XP
connected to an on-board Realtek soundcard on an AsusTek M2N68-AM Plus
motherboard:

- Using any sound recorder (Windows', Audacity, XLite), the level is
just too low when speaking at a conversational level, even with the
microphone level pumped all the way up (line displayed totally flat in
Recorder)
http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/7981/headsetlowvolumeecho.jpg

- In addition, when making a call with XLite and Asterisk, I get a bit
of echo

- Same issues when trying with a different headset

- Enabling "Auto gain control AGC" in XLite makes no difference.

Any idea what can be done? Should I use a different soundcard?
Amplified headset? Can something be done in Asterisk about the echo?

Thank you.