[asterisk-users] [3102] How to rewrite CID name + number?

Gilles codecomplete at free.fr
Mon Dec 6 22:37:08 UTC 2010

On Mon, 6 Dec 2010 13:39:33 -0600, "Danny Nicholas"
<danny at debsinc.com> wrote:
>#2 you might want to save the original ID to a variable, the reset
>CALLERID(num) to that variable. (if #2 is corrected, this one probably won't
>matter).

Thanks Danny, and sorry for the trouble: I was paying so much
attention to the wealth of locale/regional settings in the Linksys...
that I didn't think about checking the default sip.conf:

===========
[6013]
type=friend
context=default
host=dynamic
secret=6013
canreinvite=no
;Argh!
callerid=6013
disallow=all
allow=ulaw,alaw
qualify=yes

Commenting out the "callerid=6013" line and reloading Asterisk did the
trick :-)

Thanks again.