[asterisk-users] [3102] How to rewrite CID name + number?

Danny Nicholas danny at debsinc.com
Mon Dec 6 19:39:33 UTC 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Gilles
Sent: Monday, December 06, 2010 1:23 PM
To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] [3102] How to rewrite CID name + number?

On Mon, 06 Dec 2010 20:03:03 +0100, Gilles <codecomplete at free.fr>
wrote:
>Any idea why Asterisk shows nothing, and how to retrieve the original
>CID information?

Sorry about that, I forgot that the console had to be started in
verbose mode for NoOp() to display data:

> asterisk -vvvvvvvvvvvvr

ip04*CLI>
    -- Executing [6011 at default:1] NoOp("SIP/6013-00e38004",
""SPA-3102" <6013>") in new stack
    -- Executing [6011 at default:2] Dial("SIP/6013-00e38004",
"SIP/6011") in new stack

It looks like the Linksys doesn't send the original CID information,
although it has its "PSTN CID For VoIP CID" set to "yes" in PSTN Line.

Two points - #1, is the Linksys device seen as a DAHDI line?  If so, you
probably need to tweak or disable something in users.conf to make the ID
show correctly.  For example, when I do dadhi_genconf on my TDM410P, it puts
a 4001 line in users.conf and unless I "comment out" that line, 4001 show up
instead of the actual ID.
#2 you might want to save the original ID to a variable, the reset
CALLERID(num) to that variable. (if #2 is corrected, this one probably won't
matter).