[asterisk-users] Zaptel / Asterisk on Solaris

RR ranjtech at gmail.com
Fri Dec 3 19:17:20 CST 2010

On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 3:58 PM, RR <ranjtech at gmail.com> wrote:

> Zaptel package isn't installing though ...crashes midway complaining that:
>
> *"Operating environment requirement not met.
> This package requires Solaris 7 or better.
> checkinstall script suspends"*
>
> huh? I'm running 5.11, which according to some rigorous mathematical
> calculations, I concluded IS better than v5.7. Unfortunately, I've been away
> from the development world so long that I can't remember where to go about
> hacking a "package" and extract the scripts etc to change the logic or fix
> whatever is causing it to believe that my OS isn't meeting the min. req.
>
> Lastly, w.r.t to running it within a VM, yes, I do understand the timing
> problems etc, but this exercise is just to document how to compile
> Asterisk/Zaptel under Solaris 10/11 so when I do get a real Solaris machine,
> I have already sorted out all the issues with installing/compiling etc
>
> Thanks
> \R

As of this writing, I have recreated my Solaris VM with the latest Solaris
10 U9 version and have managed to install and load the zaptel driver. This
is from the SolarisVoIP but it must be a really old (haven't checked the
version yet). Now, trying to go crazy here and compile the stock Asterisk
1.6.2.14 with it.

Question for the Digium dev team (if they bother reading emails from
lowlifes like me): Are their special optimizations/options/conditions/checks
ALREADY in place within the makefile/configure files that detect Solaris and
if we want to go really crazy then detect 64-bit Solaris? Do I just fix my
library paths with the LDFLAGS and just run configure or should I be doing
something more, modifying makefile, makefile.rules, makefile.opts or the
configure script itself??

Wonder why no one responds to emails related to Solaris on Asterisk...even a
search throughout the forum on the Digium website, hardly anything comes up
regarding Solaris :(

Can the developers PLEASE help?

Thanks so much in advance,
\RR