[asterisk-users] Zaptel / Asterisk on Solaris

RR ranjtech at gmail.com
Fri Dec 3 19:09:02 CST 2010

On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 5:05 AM, A J Stiles <asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk>wrote:

> Assuming Solaris is anything like Linux, the installer will just be a shell
>
> script.  Open the script in a text editor and search for the text of the
> error message.  It will be wrapped inside an `if` statement, just alter
> this
> so the test always passes.
>
> I had to do something similar to allow the Flashplayer installer to install
> the 32-bit Flash binary into users' home directories held on a 64-bit NFS
> server and exported to 32-bit workstations, right from the server.
>
> --
> AJS

 yes Solaris is a lot like Linux, well they're all just variations of the
standard Posix-C old AT&T Unix systems right? But the pkg files I have are
just bundles like RPMs etc, and I haven't really explored how to open /
extract the files inside a pkg and then muck around with them but I'm sure
it's not difficult to do. I guess I haven't found out how to unpack a "pkg"
file and extract the contents, then find the script that running and
modify/edit it.