[asterisk-users] Issues with 1.8 and BlindTransfer

Jonathan Thurman jonathan at thurmantech.com
Wed Dec 1 14:43:43 CST 2010

On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 9:44 AM, Bryant Zimmerman <BryantZ at zktech.com> wrote:
> I am having issues with Blind Transfer on asterisk 1.8

What specific version: 1.8.0, 1.8.1-rc1, SVN branch?  What OS?

>     If I call from one Grandstream phone to another and us the transfer key
> to do a blind transfer everything works fine.
>
>     When calling in on a sip trunk and then trying to use the transfer key
> to transfer from Grandstream phone to Grandstream phone the call just hangs up.

Does the remote party (being transferred) initially hear hold music,
then the line go silent after completing the transfer?

Does the Grandstream show the call still on hold, but you are unable
to pick it up?

Are you using Realtime and/or Direct media?

> It did not do this on Asterisk 1.4.x or 1.6.2.x . If we use the # to
> initiate the transfer everything works. But our customers are use to using
> the transfer key on the phone. I found several bugs out there on the bug
> tracker but do not see if there is any work around.  Any ideas or help would
> be appreciated.

I have been chasing a deadlock (issue #18403) on blind transfers with
1.8SVN and have not found a work-around yet.  While I can deadlock
every time (Polycom and Cisco handsets), at least one other has
reported different results with the Bria Softphone and Grandstream
handsets.  You could try a softphone and see if you get the same
results as the physical phones.

-Jonathan