[asterisk-users] Zaptel / Asterisk on Solaris

Bruce McAlister bruce.mcalister at blueface.ie
Wed Dec 1 12:10:34 CST 2010

Hi RR,

As far as I am aware the version of Zaptel on SolarisVoIP is out of date. Aditionally the versions of the packages compiled at SolarisVoIP are only available, as far as I am aware, for the Solaris platform and not the OpenSolaris platform, there may be subtle differences between the two that may be causing your build error.

If you have a look at SolarisVoIP there are pre-built packages for SPARC/X86 hardware which you do not need to build yourself.

In saying all of the above, your millage may vary with zaptel running in a VM as the timing is virtualized (via usb) and is not, as far as I know, very well supported within a VM.

Thanks
Bruce