[asterisk-users] Why does Digium not respect their own development guidelines?

Andrew Joakimsen joakimsen at gmail.com
Sat Aug 28 20:27:23 CDT 2010

As recent as 2008 "Asterisk 1.4 is feature frozen" if that is the case
how come now CallingToken support is added? I don't really know what
this is but all I know is:

1) Callingtoken adds new options to the config files
2) Callingtoken is some new protocol in IAX?
3) Upgrading asterisk 1.4 breaks previous IAX connections.

So why was this added? I have 1 machine that is set not to log these
messages on the console and am pulling my hair out after upgrading
Asterisk 1.4 to a new release. It is not anything I would look into
normally since "Asterisk 1.4 is feature frozen"  so why would I look
to troubleshoot a feature that isn't supposed to be there?