[asterisk-users] TELUS British Columbia PRI Settings

Jeremy.Hellstrom at synovate.com Jeremy.Hellstrom at synovate.com
Sat Aug 28 11:59:37 CDT 2010

I'm not surprised both the conf file and myself are confused.

I've pared things down in chan_dahdi.conf to ...

 [channels]

spanmap => 1,1,0,esf,b8zs

#include dahdi-channels.conf

switchtype => national

signalling => pri_cpe

context => default

_____________________________

As I read the instructions for chan_dahdi, the spanmap -> span = 1,
timing = from PSTN, LBO = 0, framing = esf and coding = b8zs

In the header of dahdi-channels.conf it specifies that it is intended to
be included in chan_dahdi and I have noticed that if I remove that line
then I only generate a pseudo channel and no PRI channels.

; Autogenerated by /usr/sbin/dahdi_genconf on Thu Aug 26 11:11:45 2010

; If you edit this file and execute /usr/sbin/dahdi_genconf again,

; your manual changes will be LOST.

; Dahdi Channels Configurations (chan_dahdi.conf)

;

; This is not intended to be a complete chan_dahdi.conf. Rather, it is
intended

; to be #include-d by /etc/chan_dahdi.conf that will include the global
settings

;

; Span 1: WCT1/0 "Wildcard TE121 Card 0" (MASTER) B8ZS/ESF ClockSource

group=0,11

context=from-pstn

switchtype=national

signalling = pri_cpe

channel => 1-12

group = 63

I still end up with messages telling me that a dchannel cannot be found.
Any other suggestions?

Thanks, Jeremy