[asterisk-users] Migrating 1.4 to 1.6.2

Bryant Zimmerman BryantZ at zktech.com
Fri Aug 27 17:17:41 CDT 2010

 From: "Bruce Ferrell" <bferrell at baywinds.org>  much static testing of my
realtime configuration and applications I'm
almost ready to pull the trigger.

The one thing I've been able to determine is what I need to do to
migrate my g729 licenses.

Has anyone got any advice for me on this? The Digium site is...
difficult to navigate

TIA

If you are not changing servers you just download the correct binary for
1.6.2 for your machine.  If your are moving machines then you must
re-register the license on the new box. If you have moved them before you
must call Digium and have them increment the count on the licenses. Here is
a link to the general install instructions.

http://downloads.digium.com/pub/telephony/codec_g729/README

It is not really hard to do you just need to follow the steps.

Bryant