[asterisk-users] CDR on Transfer...

Benny Amorsen benny+usenet at amorsen.dk
Fri Aug 27 15:07:36 CDT 2010

Carlos Chavez <cursor at telecomabmex.com> writes:

> 	I have searched for some time but I have not found an asnwer on how to
> fix the CDR when a call is transferred.  The problem is that if someone
> dials a cell phone and then transfers the call to another extensión the
> CDR for the cell call stops and there is no way to track that the call
> was transferred so we can bill correctly.  Many people have asked this
> question but there is no answer, only a mention that it should be fixed
> in 1.6 which it is not (at least on 1.6.2.11).

You can set a TRANSFERCONTEXT. In that context you can try to use
ForkCDR and its companions to get the records right. If you come up with
a setup which acts perfectly no matter the scenario I would be happy to
hear about it.

Note that TRANSFERCONTEXT is not invoked when the phone does a SIP
redirect before the call is answered, AFAIK.

Notice that it's been a long time since I battled with this part of
Asterisk, and I didn't check that I remembered correctly.

This will all be a lot more sane with Channel Event Logging in 1.8.x,
but at that point you need to run mediation before you get CDR's you can
use for billing.

/Benny