[asterisk-users] CDR Help

Ishfaq Malik ish at pack-net.co.uk
Thu Aug 26 03:19:25 CDT 2010

On Wed, 2010-08-25 at 17:42 -0400, Dan Journo wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I've posted about this a few months back but I didn't understand the
> answer properly and only just got round to sorting it out.
>

> My question is, when I dial out to a few numbers at the same time, the
> CDR lastdata for the call looks like this:-
>

> SIP/07957543212 at supplier&SIP/07957123456 at supplier&SIP/01615551234 at supplier|10
>

> The problem is, the billing rate could be affected, depending on which
> endpoint answers the call.
>

> When a call is answered, I need the lastdata to be replaced with the
> specific number that answered the call so I know whether to bill for a
> mobile, local or international call.
>

> Last time I posted regarding this, someone said that I should use the
> Local channel, but I can't figure out what he meant.
>

> Can anyone assist with this?
>

> Many thanks
>
> Dan
>

> --
Hi

I had a similar problem and as far as I know, the asterisk server
doesn't know which of those numbers has answered your call.

The way we got around this is by getting our cdr from the supplier,
putting the info in a separate table and then on calls where multiple
POTS/mobile numbers have been called, seeing which of those numbers
shows up in the suppliers cdr at roughly the time recorded in the
asterisk cdr (there is often a difference between the 2 times)

If anyone knows any different, I'd like to know as well!

--
Ishfaq Malik
Software Developer

Office:   0161 660 3062