[asterisk-users] DAHDI not detecting caller hangup

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Tue Aug 24 15:09:22 CDT 2010

On Tue, 24 Aug 2010, John Novack wrote:

> Paul Belanger wrote:
>> On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 3:59 AM, --[ UxBoD ]--<uxbod at splatnix.net>  wrote:
>>
>>> I am pretty sure that BT (British Telecom) do provide a disconnect tone. Hopefully somebody from the UK, Gordon, will be able to confirm this and whether they have experienced this issue ?
>>>
>> Rather then being 'pretty sure', wouldn't it be better to call your
>> telco and ask?
>>
> IF BT is anything like the US ILEC's, one would do better asking one of
> my dogs. There are fewer and fewer folks left around any more that know
> much, and certainly none accessible to the average customer for a single
> POTS line
>
> No surprise there is the line loss we are experiencing!
>
> I assume in the UK he doesn't have the option to port the number to
> VOIP? Or perhaps he doesn't want all his eggs in one basket?

Most numbers from most operators in the UK are portable, however it comes
with a price - and that's usually cancellation of all services attached to
the line - i.e. ADSL....

So actually porting-in a BT line that's your only BT line which carries
your ADSL signal is costly as you need to provision a 2nd line (from BT or
a BT Wholesale partner), then transfer your ADSL over to it, then port in
your number. That's very costly to do and you're not going to get much
change out of 200 quid.

Gordon