[asterisk-users] DAHDI not detecting caller hangup

John Novack jnovack at stromberg-carlson.org
Tue Aug 24 14:53:23 CDT 2010

Paul Belanger wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 3:59 AM, --[ UxBoD ]--<uxbod at splatnix.net>  wrote:
>
>> I am pretty sure that BT (British Telecom) do provide a disconnect tone. Hopefully somebody from the UK, Gordon, will be able to confirm this and whether they have experienced this issue ?
>>

> Rather then being 'pretty sure', wouldn't it be better to call your
> telco and ask?

IF BT is anything like the US ILEC's, one would do better asking one of
my dogs. There are fewer and fewer folks left around any more that know
much, and certainly none accessible to the average customer for a single
POTS line

No surprise there is the line loss we are experiencing!

I assume in the UK he doesn't have the option to port the number to
VOIP? Or perhaps he doesn't want all his eggs in one basket?

John Novack

--

Dog is my Co-pilot