[asterisk-users] Should I move to 1.6 or 1.8, or stay with 1.4?

Zeeshan Zakaria zishanov at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 10:11:32 CDT 2010

Gorden, I agree with you and I moved to 1.4 only because I wanted to use the
'originate' command on asterisk CLI, and there was one more small little
feature difference which I don't remember now, but nothing more than that,
otherwise my 1.2 installation was just great. I know someone who didn't move
from 1.0.9 for a long time as it was working just fine for his setup, and he
had some serious call volume. Once I tried 1.6 and got in such a mess
regarding the real-time that decided to roll back. I think I would prefer to
keep 1.4 for production and install 1.6 or 1.8 for playing around with.
That's the good thing about virtualization that I can install multiple
servers not worrying about additional hardware or interference with rest of
the setup.

Zeeshan A Zakaria

--
www.ilovetovoip.com

On 2010-08-24 11:03 AM, "Gordon Henderson"
<gordon+asterisk at drogon.net<gordon%2Basterisk at drogon.net>>
wrote:

On Tue, 24 Aug 2010, Zeeshan Zakaria wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> I am planning a migration to virtual mac...
Some of us are still using 1.2 because it's as stable and solid as it
needs to be...

Gordon