[asterisk-users] Should I move to 1.6 or 1.8, or stay with 1.4?

Bruce Komito brucek at wpti.net
Tue Aug 24 10:04:01 CDT 2010

I'm not saying you will have issues with OpenVZ and Asterisk...just that we did (a couple of years ago) and they went away when we rehosted on VMWare.  It may work fine for you.

We started out with the "free" version of VMWare, but soon thereafter upgraded to a licensed version of "VMWare Essentials" for three hosts.  (It's normally a $1000 license, but was on sale at the time for $500). One neat thing we are now able to do is drag and drop a running Asterisk system from one VMWare host to another without rebooting the Asterisk environment.