[asterisk-users] asterisk + cisco 3825 with ISDN

David Backeberg dbackeberg at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 09:28:50 CDT 2010

On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 9:05 AM, Ron <nhadie at gmail.com> wrote:
> hi all,
>
> i recently subscribe for an isdn and terminate it on a 3825 router.
>
> i used it as a sip trunk for my asterisk. i'm a newbie when it comes to
> ISDN. and i've been experiencing some issues:
>
> 1. Call Hangup:
>
> When hangup is initiated from the outside the extension (softphone/ip
> phone) does not hangup, is this normal? shouldn't asterisk hangup the
> extension as well when it receives the hangup properly from ISDN? or
> maybe it's because asterisk does not detect the proper hangup?

I don't understand your inside versus outside description. But the main point:
* you have ISDN on a 3825, and you have voip.
* somewhere the SIP hangup doesn't initiate an ISDN hangup.

This may be (is probably) due to you having your ISDN settings
incorrect for the line setup. There are about a dozen combinations of
settings for the way your ISDN line could be setup.

Is this a T1 PRI?
Are you taking timing from the telco?
Do you have your D-channel set correctly?
Do you have your DSP settings correct for your chosen voip codec?

You need an IOS manual to make sure all that is set correctly. You
can't download one from Cisco unless you pay for support and get a
service contract. Once you get that right, you'll also see the
settings in the Cisco manual for pushing caller ID correctly. I think
all of your problems are on the Cisco side, and zero are on the
asterisk side.

Or you could scrap the 3825 and get a Digium PRI card and use DAHDI.
Then it would be an asterisk question :)