[asterisk-users] can't build resODBC on SUSE 11.3

Tilghman Lesher tlesher at digium.com
Mon Aug 23 15:31:15 CDT 2010

On Monday 23 August 2010 14:58:31 Tim Panton wrote:
> On 23 Aug 2010, at 18:07, Warren Selby wrote:
> > On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 11:34 AM, Tim Panton <thp at westhawk.co.uk> wrote:
> > What is  menuselect actually looking for when it blocks me from selecting
> > res_odbc ?
> >
> > I've got unixOdbc installed and working. I also have
> > /usr/lib64/libltdl.so.3 - so I'm confused as it is claiming these are the
> > pre-requisites ?
> >
> > How can I best track down what it _thinks_ is missing ?
> >
> > (This is on asterisk 1.8 svn trunk - but I don't think that is important,
> > I think it is a package number issue)
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> >
> > Tim.
> >

> > Tim Panton - Web/VoIP consultant and implementor
> > www.westhawk.co.uk
> >

> > You need to install the -devel packages of libtool-ltdl and unixODBC.
>
> Ah, libtool was what I was missing - thanks!

Actually, the only reason why libtool was set to be a separate dependency was
due to a bug in Fedora Core 7, where UnixODBC required ltdl to link, but did
not require it as an RPM dependency.  Now that that bug has long since been
fixed, that Asterisk dependency could probably be removed.

--
Tilghman Lesher