[asterisk-users] Opensource Speech recognition for Asterisk

Duncan Turnbull duncan at e-simple.co.nz
Sat Aug 21 21:49:59 CDT 2010

The Lumenvox works fine in my limited use, easy to setup, good dictionary options but it always depends on your circumstance.

http://www.lumenvox.com/partners/digium/Asterisk.aspx

Most of it is being really careful in planning the customer experience. The technology is secondary to the business analysis focussing on why and what the caller wants and making the most easy and efficient method of getting them there.

Voice recognition is a pain for people with accents and poor lines and when people have written bad call flows but by making sure you get someone to an operator really quickly if you can't work out what they said then you can alleviate a few issues.

The primary advantage of voice recognition is to give more choice to the caller and route them through more quickly. If you can't do that or don't need that complexity then don't use it

Cheers Duncan