[asterisk-users] install asterisk

Alan Lord (News) alanslists at gmail.com
Fri Aug 13 17:59:37 CDT 2010

On 13/08/10 14:08, Albert Bonomo wrote:
> This time, the server was up with Fedora 13. No problem.
> Well not so fast. Yes problem !!! I can not install it !!!

Fedora is *not* a server operating system and not one I would choose to
run asterisk on.

I would recommend using either CentOS or a Debian/Ubuntu Server build
without X11 and all the other cruft that comes with a Desktop OS - which
is what Fedora is.

I'd also consider how the packagers of CentOS or Debian chose to install
Asterisk before deciding on using a pre-packaged implementation. CMMI
and your own understanding of where/why and how it is installed will
probably help you more in the longer run.

HTH

Al
--
The Open Learning Centre