[asterisk-users] Call agent when queue is empty and there is a voicemail left

Duncan Turnbull duncan at e-simple.co.nz
Thu Aug 12 06:14:19 CDT 2010

So in broad terms

You need to know when the queue is empty, and when there is voicemail (in a generic queue mailbox presumably) and also that you haven't already delivered the voicemail, and probably that when you deliver the mail its been successfully been heard and actioned.

Are you also emailing the voicemail as what happens once you have played it - do you delete it assuming its actioned or leave it there,

So you need a trigger when the queue is empty, could be an AGI checking on hangup or an event from the manager to check the queue count.

I haven't done much with AGIs but would think that using a DeadAGI on hangup (in 'C' as Steve suggests for speed) you could check queue size, check voicemail then trigger an event that triggers the calls. You may not want the call direct in the AGI as you want that to finish but you could either use an async agi or write a call file or use the manager interface

Do you actually want them to get the voicemail prompts or do you just want to find the voicemail messages and play them directly.

So I don't know if it helped or added more questions but good luck

Cheers Duncan