[asterisk-users] asterisk compatible cards?

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Tue Aug 10 12:11:58 CDT 2010

  On 08/10/2010 11:18 PM, Seann wrote:
> Steve Underwood wrote:
>>   On 08/10/2010 09:40 PM, Jeremy Betts wrote:
>>> I have always had very bad experiences with the x100p cards, they
>>> always have very bad echo. If you need decent call quality I would
>>> wait until you can afford a Digium card.
>>
>> Use OSLEC with them, and they work OK. Even if they don't have a
>> selectable impedance to match local conditions. They certainly work a
>> lot better than things like the SPA3102, which has very screwed up
>> echo handling.
>>
>> Steve
>>

> In everything I have read you don't use Echo handling on the SPA3102.
> I own one and haven't had a problem with it and Asterisk, but I use
> Asterisk to handle any echo on a software level, and don't handle it
> with the SPA3102.
>

> ~Seann
Many people suggest you turn off echo cancellation on the FXO port of a
SPA3102 because its so badly broken its worse than nothing. Most people
do need cancellation on that port, though, and have nasty echo problems.
Just Google for echo and SPA3102. Some ITSPs have ripped them out and
dumped them because they are so much trouble.

There is nothing you can do within Asterisk about echo on an SPA3102's
FXO port. I have no idea what you mean by Asterisk handling the echo on
a software level.

Steve