[asterisk-users] Can ChanIsAvail return status from sip uri using router ip

Nasir Javaid nasirjavaidnasir at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 02:56:56 CDT 2010

hello,
Although my previous posts in this forum have not received satisfying
answers, here is another question from me.

my question is can i use ChanIsAvail function to get the status of a user in
the format SPI/user-id if i provide user in sip uri like this

ChanIsAvail(SIP/user at 153.18.x.x:5062)

calling user with this sip uri works fine.

I once tried but status returned was "unknow host 153.18.x.x". what is wrong
here?

thanks
Nasir Javaid