[asterisk-users] Dial() M parameter in 1.6.2.11-rc2

Danny Nicholas danny at debsinc.com
Tue Aug 3 13:51:16 CDT 2010

[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Mark G. Thomas
>Subject: [asterisk-users] Dial() M parameter in 1.6.2.11-rc2

>Hi,

>I can't figure out what syntax to use with the Dial() "M" parameter
>for the AEL parser to interpret properly.  Creating an AEL
>macro named "macro-screen()" partly works as a hack, but it must
>not turn into a gosub properly, so I get warnings about the "return;".

>  Dial(...,tgM(&screen)) with the ael macro named "screen" does not work
>  Dial(...,tgM&screen) with the ael macro named "screen" does not work
>  Dial(...,tgM(screen)) with the ael macro named "screen" does not work
>  Dial(...,tgM(screen)) with the ael macro named "macro-screen" partly
works

>Is a more correct or otherwise better way to do this in AEL? Is there
>some other solution? The other followme examples I've found all have
>different behaviors than I want. I'm not looking for the caller to
>be prompted for their name or anything, and I don't want the followme
>connect to happen unless the cellphone user hits a "1" to accept the
>call, or other key to ditch the call, otherwise cellphone voicemail
>gets the call.

>Mark

Personally, I haven't gotten too involved in AEL because it's cumbersome (to
me) to keep up across platforms (CENTOS/Suse/etc) but I have found that AEL
is "additive"; you can write "troublesome" code using the old
extensions.conf nomenclature so you don't have to worry about how AEL
creates it.  Not the cleanest or best solution, but it should be workable.

P.S.  All of you who are going to flame me, how about posting some good AEL
tutorial links?