[asterisk-users] FAX Options

Alejandro Imass ait at p2ee.org
Mon Aug 2 13:59:35 CDT 2010

Hi,

Is FAXing with Asterisk a practical option ? Or is it better just to
use a plain fax connected to an FXS and just switch with Asterisk. I
specifically wanted to know if there was any experience using just the
fax scanner to send faxes and receive them via asterisk and the to
e-mail. My idea was to take my old fax connect it to an FXS port and
send faxes with the fax machine (using the fax mainly as a scanner),
but receive them through our existing FXO jack that is connected to
the PSTN. the scheme would be something like:

PSTN <------> FXO -----

                                      |------------Asterisk

I'm using Asterisk 1.4.26.2 on FreeBSD 8.0

TIA,
Alejandro Imass